Happy holidays family!
I’m so glad you’ve decided to spend this time with Chronically Strong! Last year I did A Few Gift Guides (that I’m not too proud of), so I decided to try again this year! First I want to let you know, this post does contain Affiliate Links.. This means that while you pay no extra, if you decide to purchase something from this list, Chronically Strong gets a very small percentage of the sale. To learn more about affiliate links and things of that nature, check out the Chronically Strong Terms and Agreements here.
Holidays have always been My Mother’s Favorite Time of Year. I remember decorating the tree with her and my sister. I remember how big of a deal she made when she would wrap our presents. She was adamant about not allowing us to see anything until Christmas day. She always made the holidays special for us. Thanksgiving was no different. My mother made the best food in North Carolina! The holidays have always brought great joy to my family. Smelling the crisp, breeze reminds me of those times. Although it’s not the same for me, I try to Make it Special for Tamia. – I also want to make it special for all of you, too!
Crohn’s and Colitis, IBD & Chronic Illness Holiday Gift Guide
Whether you’re also living with Ulcerative Colitis, another form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), or any other chronic condition, I’ve tried to compile a list of items that anyone can benefit from! A lot of these items I’ve already purchased for myself over the years. A few of them I will be purchasing for some of my IBD friends this holiday season! Let me know if you enjoy this list or plan on purchasing any of these items for yourself or your loved ones!
2. Smart Speaker with Alexa: I actually use Google Home, but I was unable to find it on Amazon. These are such lifesavers! I’ll be doing a post soon about how I use mine in my self care and relaxation routine! Be sure to follow along! You don’t want to miss that one!
- Heating Pad: I’m addicted to my heating pad! I never understood what all the hype was about, but now!? I can’t imagine life without it. I have use an XL so it literally warms from my neck to (past) my bum! It helps with pain relief, back aches or just dealing with stress to be honest. The one I’ve linked is on sale now!
3. Poo-Pourri: If you’re living with IBD or really just someone who uses the bathroom, this product is a must have!4. Eye Mask: Sleeping in the 100% darkness is an absolute must for me. I cannot have a bit of light peaking through! If anything like me, you or your loved one will absolutely adore an eye mask! Simple, cheap, yet oh so helpful!
5. Mints: This is actually the exact bag I purchased months ago. If you or your loved one is living with a chronic condition, you know as well as I, the burden of nausea. I’ve found this to be an extremely helpful way to combat that issue!
6. Fleece Blankets!: OMG! Fleece blankets make the best gifts! Whether your loved one is living with a chronic condition or not, who doesn’t love being warm and cozy?! For those of us living with chronic disease, we’re often not strangers to Anemia. This can cause us to be cold more often than your average bear. This is why I absolutely love these warm, snuggley guys!
8. Bluetooth Water Bottle: I’ve always struggled with dehydration. I found this online and on sale for over $20 off! I haven’t tried this one out for myself, but it seems pretty awesome. I’m going to add this one to the list just for myself!
9. Pregnancy Bands: This may seem odd, but when I had My First Ostomy, I discovered pregnancy bands. OMG! Talk about a game changer! These things are sooo cozy and really worked to hide my ostomy, and keep my tummy cozy there after. I still wear them occasionally.
10. Imodium: This product can be super helpful for those living with IBD and a lot of other chronic conditions. For some it’s a necessity, others can live without so you may want to probe interest on this one.
There you have it! My top 10 Crohn’s, Colitis, IBD and other chronic illness gift guide! I hope you found this helpful and maybe found a few goodies for yourself too! Let me know what you enjoyed most about this post in the comments below! Feel free to share with your friends. I’ve created two pin-able images. One for the holidays, one for sharing year-round!